Work with Us.
We're looking for creative thinkers and problem solvers.
Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding career
where you can make a difference? Let's talk.
We provide equality of opportunity in all employment areas in a non-discriminating manner. We recognize the skills and abilities of all people regardless of their race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
This includes equal treatment of existing employees who are considered for promotions.
Full Time, Flexible Work Program.
McLean & Dickey Ltd. is looking for a RIBO-licensed professional to join our Commercial Team. If you’re passionate about delivering outstanding customer service and you’re a people person who enjoys building and nurturing long-term relationships with insurance partners, clients and your team members, then we’d like to meet you. You need to be detail-oriented with critical thinking skills that will enable you to provide our commercial clients with the best possible insurance solutions for their needs.
Reporting to the Commercial Lines Manager, you will manage and grow an existing book of business. You’ll draw on your knowledge of commercial insurance to provide timely and expert advice to our commercial clients and contribute to our company’s overall sales projections by developing cross-selling opportunities and pursuing assigned leads.
- Provide timely and professional customer service on existing client accounts.
- Prepare proposals, market to insurers, calculate premiums, bind coverage, and prepare documentation, based on client needs.
- Perform risk analysis, identify potential gaps in coverage and provide clients with insurance choices.
- Make recommendations for coverage enhancements and identify and develop cross-selling opportunities.
- Coordinate payment/financing arrangements.
- Prepare renewal reviews and participate in negotiations and re-marketing as required.
- Build strong relationships with insurance providers and clients.
- Remain up to date on product knowledge and continue self-development through industry training.
- Participate in various related projects, as needed.
What you’ll need:
- RIBO licensed.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in commercial lines insurance.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to share knowledge and insight with the team.
- Effective communication skills – both written and oral.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills with the ability to influence decisions and gain agreement and support.
- A strong attention to detail, ability to take initiative and meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office.
- A results-oriented professionalism with a strong work ethic.
- Experience with broker management systems – Applied Epic and Policy Works would be beneficial.
Who we are:
Established in 1922, McLean & Dickey Ltd. is Simcoe County’s leading independent insurance brokerage servicing clients across Ontario. Don’t let our age fool you. We’re a thriving company with a dynamic and progressive work environment that fosters and supports continued education, community volunteerism and work-life balance. With lots of opportunities for growth and advancement, this position allows you to provide insurance solutions within a paperless, technology driven environment. If you like the idea of stepping away from the frantic big city pace and pursuing your career in a flourishing lakeside community, this is the place for you.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible work program around core hours, Monday to Friday, based on a 35-hour work week, including a hybrid opportunity
- Vacation and paid personal/sick days
- Extended health care coverage including health, dental and vision care, life and travel insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Tuition reimbursement for related education
- RIBO Licensing and industry Association memberships paid
- Continuing Education hours paid
- Community volunteer hours reimbursement
- Annual Performance Reviews
- After hours claims service provided by Third Party Company
- Support from in-house HR and IT departments
- Free parking
- Too many perks and incentives to list
Inclusion and equal opportunity employment:
McLean & Dickey Ltd. provides a workplace environment that respects the differences of all individuals, giving every employee the opportunity to be heard, and in conjunction, obtaining better outcomes for everyone.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability, please advise the HR representative, who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Apply Now with a cover letter and resume.