Work with Us.
We're looking for creative thinkers and problem solvers.
Are you looking for a dynamic and rewarding career
where you can make a difference? Let's talk.
We provide equality of opportunity in all employment areas in a non-discriminating manner. We recognize the skills and abilities of all people regardless of their race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
This includes equal treatment of existing employees who are considered for promotions.
- Organizes work by reviewing, sorting, and routing incoming correspondence; collecting information; initiating communications.
- Provides information to CSRs by locating searching and retrieving files, completing daily functions; maintaining requests and files consistent with office procedures.
- Maintains file integrity by adhering to workflows in Broker Management System.
- Maintains client accounts by completing defined functions (activities, workflows, naming conventions) directly onto the broker management system.
- Initiates communications to clients by making calls to request or verify information; faxing information to clients or agencies; completing correspondence.
- Completes requests by answering or referring inquiries; faxing or photocopying documents; assembling information; preparing letters; properly documenting system.
- Supports client services by completing home evaluations; updating account information; accumulating and entering survey responses onto the database.
- Communicates with insurance companies, claims adjusters, automobile dealerships, lawyers and mortgage companies.
- Provides backup coverage to reception.
- Provides backup coverage and resources by assisting the CSRs during peak periods and vacations in accordance with the standards for this position.
- Prepares reports by collecting information; taking minutes at departmental meetings; distributing reports and minutes as appropriate.
- Protects operations by keeping client information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by taking courses; attending educational workshops; reading publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Positive interpersonal skills including excellent verbal and written communication
- High level of personal accountability, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent organization, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Effective listening and a positive attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Problem solving/conflict management
- Policy Interpretation
- Professionalism and a dedication to customer service excellence
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in the application of appropriate underwriting rules
- Ability to accept and embrace change
- Grade 12 high school education
- Comfort level with MS Office applications
- Office experience in general insurance in the support or service area would be an asset.
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible work program around core hours, Monday to Friday, based on a 35-hour work week
- Vacation and paid personal/sick days
- Extended health care coverage including health, dental and vision care, life and travel insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Tuition reimbursement for related education
- RIBO Licensing and industry association memberships paid
- Continuing education hours paid
- Community volunteer hours reimbursement
- Annual performance reviews
- Support from in-house HR and IT departments
- Free parking
- Too many perks and incentives to list