· The types of personal information we collect about you;
· How we collect, store, use and secure personal information; and
· Your rights relating to the information we hold about you.
We also think it is worth highlighting that we are always working to stay up to date on all current data security options to ensure the way we collect your personal data is kept with the upmost security. These regular updates aim to better service how we handle your personal data.
The McLean & Dickey Team
McLean & Dickey Ltd only collects, uses, and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
· Offering and providing insurance products and services to you;
· Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
· Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers, or insurers;
· Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis;
· Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
· Investigating and paying claims;
· Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
· Compiling statistics;
· Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
· Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies.
Your knowledge and consent of McLean & Dickey Ltd’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
· Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to McLean & Dickey Ltd or through its representatives for acquiring an insurance service or product (including information previously provided to McLean & Dickey Ltd.).
· Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal, or electronic application process;
· Your consent solicited by McLean & Dickey Ltd. for a specified purpose;
· Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent, or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. McLean & Dickey Ltd will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for McLean & Dickey Ltd to use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services, or information.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives, please call us at 705-325-4461.
McLean & Dickey Ltd will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
McLean & Dickey Ltd will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location, and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness & Customer Access
When you call us, we may confirm your identity by asking you to confirm certain Personal Information and you may be directed to send us certain requests in writing.
Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
McLean & Dickey Ltd will only collect, use, or disclose Personal Information that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If we require Personal Information for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose.
McLean & Dickey Ltd will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means.
We will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
If you are not satisfied with McLean & Dickey Ltd’s response to a privacy related inquiry or complaint, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada during business hours at 1-800-282-1376 or at www.privcom.gc.ca